Saturday, July 18, 2015

Summer Sewing

One of the reasons that I like the summer season so much is that I get the time to do the things that I want to do. Working for a school district has the advantage of being off in the summer. And that time off gives me time to catch up on some sewing projects that I really need to do because it won't be long until there will be those fall craft shows. I will need to have some new items to put in my booth. I also went to see my mom in June and July. Since my dad passed away in April, I've been trying to go and visit her more this summer. While we were there, she gave me some material that was in her stash. I made that cute little outfit out of some of the fabric that she gave me. I think that this watermelon top and green dotted pants are so cute! They just look like the perfect thing to wear on a picnic.



The second picture is also very cute. The top was made from the peplum top by Liberty Jane and it is found on the Pixie Faire website. This is a very bright and cheery outfit. It would be great for going on a kite flying adventure.

The third outfit was made out of a green Parisian print fabric and it is accented with a ribbon belt. The Capris are navy colored with silver hearts all over.

Next is a black, silver and pink Parisian print fabric ruffled top that is accented with a silver ribbon at the waist. The pants are black and white dotted fabric. 

Here is another outfit where I used the fabric that my mom gave me. The ruffled top is made out of multi colored striped seersucker fabric. And the pants are a royal blue broadcloth fabric. All of these outfits turned out too cute! The patterns of the last three pictures and the watermelon outfit are all made from The Cute and Casual pattern by Chris Lucas. I just love this pattern because its so easy to make and it looks so good on the doll. There is also a variation in the pattern where you can make shorts or even a dress. 



Another outfit that I made was this cute little romper and t-shirt from a pattern by Baby Mine. I just love the little ruffles on the back of the romper. So cute!

And last but not least, I made a pink bandana western dress and faux leather belt. I love this! I think that this will really appeal to my Texas friends. The dress has a ruffle with elastic at the neck and elastic at the waistline. And it has a ruffle at the bottom of the dress. The belt is made of leather look material and it has a square blingy buckle.
See! I told you that I have been busy! Hopefully I'll be able to get some more outfits done. Some of those may not necessarily be new but just to replenish my stock. Have a happy summer!

No comments: