Wednesday, June 3, 2015

New Spring and Summer Outfits

I have gotten back into sewing after having a little bit of a break. It's been really hard on me lately because back in March, we found out that my dad had a tumor on his back. They did a biopsy and it turned out to be cancer. The cancer started out in his lungs and then went into his bones. He started radiation therapy just to help ease some of the pain but unfortunately the cancer was too far gone. On April 30 my daddy went to heaven. I was just so sad for awhile that I just could not even think about sewing. I had no desire and the creative juices were just not flowing. But last weekend, I started feeling a little better. I made the peplum top from a Liberty Jane pattern and shorts from a McCalls pattern. And then I made an outfit using some of the material that my mom gave me. It was made from the Cute and Casual pattern by Chris Lucas. The top is made out of red material with black watermelon seeds and trimmed with a black satin ribbon at the waist. The Capri pants are made out of a green and white dotted fabric. I think the look is so cute for summer. They will both be listed on my Etsy shop very soon. 



No comments: