Monday, April 1, 2013

Make it Monday


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter. I know that I did. And the long weekend gave me an opportunity to get a couple of great outfits done. I probably would have done more but you know there comes a time when you've just got to spend some quality time with your family.

But I want to tell you what I made over the weekend. I made a pair of cute little pair of  blue jeans from a Liberty Jane pattern. The little details in this pattern is what makes them so cute. And there is so much room for creativity in it. I did the pockets plain with just basic topstitching but I'm thinking about adding some trim to it the next time. I think that adding some lace to the pockets would be really cute.

And then the other outfit that I did was another pattern from Kotton Candy doll fashions. I made the Sweet Tea Summer dress. I picked out two coordinating materials. For the bodice, shoulder straps and the ruffle, I picked out a piece of cotton material with blue circles and stars on a brown background. And for the dress part, I picked out a floral print with pink, blue, and brown flowers on a off white background. I also accented the bodice with two pink heart buttons.

And of course all of these items are available for sale on my Etsy shop. Except the doll of course!

Madyson wearing blue jeans


Notice the topstitching on the front pocket and the faux fly

No comments: