Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sewing with Knits

One of the things that I made this weekend was a cute little pajama outfit. I've made this pattern before but this time I used some different fabrics. Both of them were knit fabrics but the solid knit had a very different feel to it than the first one that I did. Knit fabrics can be a little difficult to work with, but by using just a few tips that I have learned, you can sew confidently with them too.

  • Use tissue paper or stabilizer- it will help keep the fabric from getting eaten up by the machine.
  • Use a stretch or ballpoint needle in your machine.
  • Sew knits with a serger
  • Don't stretch the fabric as you are sewing
These are just a few tips that I have learned. If you have any tips that you would like to share, feel free to comment.
Pajama set made with Doll Tag Patterns

 
 


2 comments:

Doll Tag Clothing said...

I love how your pajamas came out. Very cute fabric!

Unknown said...

Thank you. I just love the pattern.