Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Sewing Machine's Story

 
If my machine could talk, I'm sure that it would have a lot to say about all of the things that it has made throughout the years. But since my machine can't talk, then I'll just have to tell it's story for you. I got my Bernina 910 way back in the 1980's when I was around 20. I used my income tax refund and my mom and dad paid for the rest of it for my birthday. And I'm so glad that we bought a really good machine and not something that was cheap. It has lasted all of these years through several moves. It has made baby clothes for my niece and halloween costumes for my son. There has been times when I haven't used it as much as I should because either I didn't have the space or the time to sew. One of the things that I made when I was in my 20's were some sculpted dolls. It was a really popular thing to do back when the Cabbage Patch dolls first came out. I never knew it but those dolls would be enjoyed by so many kids down through the years. My nephew played with them, my son played with them and now my daughter is enjoying them. In fact, she loved them so much that she had to take them home with her. A few years ago, my family were moving to the house where we now live. We were getting ready to have a garage sale. He asked me if I wanted to sell my machine since at the time I wasn't using it much. I said "No way! I'll use it again sometime. I'll never get rid of my machine." It's kind of been like an old friend to me. There may have been times where I didn't use it so much but I always knew that it would be there for me whenever I needed it. So what about you? Do you have story to tell about your machine?

One of my soft sculpted dolls

No comments: