Now that I've started making doll clothes, I've found new ways to find cool materials. My daughter had this vest that my mom made for her several years ago. The last time that she wore it was in kindergarten. It was one of those pieces that I just hated to give away or throw away. So I thought that I would find a way to use it in my doll clothes. I found a McCall's vest pattern for a long pile fur vest and tonight I cut it up to make her doll a cool fur vest. I don't know how it will turn out but we'll see. First I had to take the lining apart from the vest. Then after that was off, I layed out my pattern pieces making sure that the fur side was down and the pattern was placed on the straight of the grain. Then I cut the pieces out. I would have used the green material for the lining also but I didn't have enough of it. So I will be going to Hobby Lobby on Saturday to look for some lining to match.